zondag 21 september 2014

Beautiful Sunday: My Haircare Routine

Heyhey lovelies!

First of all, sorry for the lack of posting this week but I was superbusy with school starting again. As some of you may know, I have started the second year of my Journalism studies in a new city and it’s all been pretty hectic. But I’m back now with loads of ideas!

I have been blessed (although it sometimes feels like a curse) with lots of thick, curly hair. I got it from my father’s side; basically everyone there has the same brown, curly hair. Last year I decided to put some highlights in it just to get rid of the boring, brown colour but unfortunately the treatment really damaged my long hair. I got rid of the most damaged parts and now it’s more or less okay again, but I still have to treat it with a lot of care. So for this week’s Beautiful Sunday I thought I’d share my Haircare Routine with you guys!


 This is how I wake up in the morning. Lots of curls, but also lots and lots of knots in my hair. I can’t really do anything with it when it’s like that, so I wash my hair almost every day. I know, shame on me, but it’s just impossible to get them curls to look good without washing it. I use this Nivea 2 in 1 express shampoo; it’s basically a shampoo and conditioner in one bottle. I use it because it’s the only shampoo that doesn’t make my hair fluffy, for some reason.


After that, my hair looks like this: wet, not so many curls, but even more knots. I then towel dry my hair and comb it through using a wide teeth comb after spraying my Innova Hydrate Bi-Phase Conditioner by Indola in it. I got this stuff at my hairdresser’s and BOY, it is a lifesaver! Not only does it make it a thousand times easier to comb through my knotted, curly hair, but it also gives my hair a healthy shine. It’s not available in drug stores, so if you want to get it you’ll have to ask your hairdresser about it. But I highly recommend this product to any of you with hair that has a lot knots in it.



After the painful combing session my hair looks like this: detangled, with a bit more curls already but still pretty flat. I always let my hair dry naturally because a hair dryer gives me a poodle head, and after a few hours (yes, hours) of drying it finally looks like this!

*sudden outfit change*: the weather turned out to be way too cold for my beautiful red dress.

Curls, yay! I have to say, most of the time I am very happy being a curlyhead. I don’t straighten  my hair often to make sure I don’t damage it too much and because I think it looks great with the curls in it, so I guess I can say I am truly blessed!

I hope I helped some of you with hairtroubles, I hope you enjoyed your Sunday and have a nice evening!

Lots of love,
LFR





0 reacties:

Een reactie posten