zondag 12 oktober 2014

Beautiful Sunday: An Ode to Gel Eyeliner

Heyhey lovelies!

So I am the type of girl who likes a nice, bold eyeliner look. However, since I have small, hooded and watery eyes, this is not always easy to do. When I first started experimenting with make up as an early teen I used to come home from school with eyeliner all down my face because the wind made my eyes water. So after trying a shitload of different products I finally found the perfect eyeliner solution for my hooded, watery eyes: gel eyeliner!

I discovered gel eyeliner via my best friend who had bought a little pot of Essence eyeliner and said that it was the best. I bought the same one and I immediately fell in love with it: it came with a small brush to apply it and for the first time I had an eyeliner that didn’t leave marks on my eyelids. Usually with liquid eyeliners I could draw a perfect line, but since those products don’t dry so quickly I would have a print of the eyeliner on the top of my eyelids, because of my hooded eyes. Unfortunately, the Essence gel eyeliner dried up after a few months and I had to buy another one. So I went to my local drugstore and found this Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. And it is, by far, the best eyeliner I have ever used. It’s quite a small pot and it’s not that cheap, but once you start using it you realize that there’s actually a lot of eyeliner in that little pot. I’ve been using it for about 3 months now and I think I could easily go another year with it, as long as it doesn’t dry up.



This eyeliner also comes with a small brush but I bought a separate eyeliner brush because I didn’t like the one that came with it. It has a round tip and the hairs are quite thick what makes it not easy to create a perfect line. I bought a regular eyeliner brush from BE and the reason I bought this one is because the hairs are put in a square and they are slightly longer on one side. I think these types of brushes are the best for applying a gel eyeliner since they make it so easy to create a wing at the end. They also give you the freedom of drawing a really fine line as well as a bold, thick line, it just depends on how much gel eyeliner you put on your brush.


So, I hope I might have helped some of you with these tips, I know that gel eyeliner to me has been a revolution. It makes my makeup look so much better and professional!

Enjoy your evening!

Lots of love,
LFR


0 reacties:

Een reactie posten