dinsdag 2 december 2014

The Blogger Christmas Tag

Heyhey lovelies!

So I've been seeing lots and lots of bloggers doing The Christmas Tag lately, and I have never done anything like this before so I decided to join in. I'm in my dinosaur onesie, I've got my vanilla candle burning, my Minnie Mouse cherry pit pillow at my feet and a berry smoothie by my side, all ready for this! Hope you enjoy!

1) What is/are your favourite Christmas movie(s)?
I have to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of Christmas movies, so I don't really have an answer to this question. What I can say however is that one of our biggest tv channels here in Belgium always shows one of the Astérix & Obélix movies on Christmas Eve, and it has become some sort of tradition to watch it together with my family. I absolutely adooore these movies, they are so funny and the French cast is just incredible. My favourite is probably Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cléopatre because of the funniest scene EVER with one of my all time favourite actors Jamel Debbouze. If you haven't seen this movie yet, I recommend to watch it on Christmas Eve with your family! Lots of laughter guaranteed.

2) Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
ALWAYS on Christmas Eve. And if it were up to me, all presents would've been opened before dinner was finished. I'm just always wayyy too excited to wait! Not only for the presents I get, but to see the look on my family's face when they open their presents I gave them! So much looove in the room, I'm addicted to that atmosphere.

3) Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
Okay, it's not technically a Christmas memory, but I have one memory of me and my sister watching a movie together and decorating the Christmas tree after our last exam before the Christmas Holidays. I don't remember which movie it was but I think I was around 16 years old and she 14 years old. I don't know why, but this is something I never forgot. It was a fun sister moment :)

4) Favourite festive food?
Anything my mom makes. She's the best cook ever and every year she slaves away in the kitchen to make us something super nice for Christmas Eve. I am so grateful for having such an amazing mom.. *cheesy alert*

5) Favourite Christmas gift?
As much as I love beauty or clothing presents, I always prefer the ones that my sister makes herself. Those could be a photo holder out of cardboard or a coupon for 10 nail painting sessions (because I'm rubbish at it). Those gifts are just more special to me!

6) Favourite Christmas scent?
Cookies baking in the oven.. hmmmm.

7) Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
As I said before, watching an Astérix & Obélix movie together has become a Christmas Eve tradition. Another tradition we have is me and my sister making some little toasts as fingerfood. Don't know why, but we do it together every year.

8) What tops your tree?
Most of the time: absolutely nothing :p We have a fake (but beautiful) Christmas tree that we use every year and the top is too weak to hold a star or a heavy ornament. Sometimes we hang a big red bow on it, though.

9) As a kid, what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
In Belgium, giving each other presents on Christmas Eve is not that big of a thing. In my family we only started that tradition a few years ago. Here we do have Sinterklaas (the Belgian/Dutch equivalent of Santa Claus) who comes down the chimney the night from 5 to 6 December and leaves presents for the kids. The night before, all kids place their shoes at the Chimney with a carrot in it for Sinterklaas' horse Slechtweervandaag (literal translation: bad weather today) and his buddy Zwarte Piet.
One gift I really really really wanted but never got from Sinterklaas was a Baby Born or Anne Geddes doll. Too bad :p

10) What's the best part about Christmas for you?
The loving atmosphere in the house and seeing everyone happy. And the food. Always the food.

I tag the following bloggers to do this post:

Silke over at A Life Lounge
Ana Célia Wanderley over at Oh My Louboutin
Theodora Hinds over at Island MYST
Vicky Xialina over at LifestylebyVix
Everyone else who would like to take part in it!



Lots of love,
LFR





2 opmerkingen:

  1. Echt leuk om te lezen Anneleen, ik ben al helemaal in de stemming :) WAAR BLIJFT DIE KERST??!! :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen